How to get North carolina Unemployment Benefits
When talking about getting a job there is a gap between the will a person has to catch one and the fact of being actually hired. As this is the case, we introduce North Carolina unemployment benefits.
This is one of the programs that, the state of North Caroline provides to needed people when they lose their job for extraordinary situations. This help, assist people to bring them back to the economy as non-dependent individuals.
For getting this benefit, as all government support, you need to go through a procedure, in this article will give you some guidance regarding this topic.
As we previously mention, you have to follow a series of steps to apply for it. But first, you must be eligible in order to apply, for that you have to meet the following criteria:
- First, you have to be unemployed by cause of outside influence, not due to your own fault.
- Second, you must be a citizen whose salary was fair enough to demand this help.
- Third, you must be corporeally capable, at one’s disposal, and constantly searching for vacancies.
- Finally, you have to create your username, to seek work, with your resident state’s job service office, in this platform https://www.ncworks.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx. If you already registered, choose option 1; if you do not have an account, start with option 3 (select one of the account types and follow the instructions).
➡ READ ALSO: How to apply for social security spousal benefits?
These are the required documents and information that you need to have prior to your application process:
Before you file your application for North Carolina unemployment benefits, the Department of Commerce urges you to keep at hand all this information that we show you in the capture underneath.
Creating your Online User
- Go to ‘Account Creation’, here.
- Select individual (in this case).
- Type your Social Security number to confirm.
- Create your username, and fill the blanks with your e-mail and phone information.
- Create your password.
- Activate your account by clicking the link they will send to the e-mail you gave.
- Fill in all the by providing information in the “Claimant Registration” page.
Now you can proceed with this through the website we have already asked you to sign up. When you enter this page, or after you finish the steps we just mentioned, it will show you the Customer’s menu, in which you can find several links. Now follow the succeeding steps to go on:
- Click on ‘File a New Unemployment Insurance Claim’.
- Read the information shown on the screen and press next.
- Answer the eligibility questions.
- Click on ‘Provide Additional Information’.
- Fill in all the blanks by putting your data.
- Next read carefully all the information you provided, in the summary page, edit any details or piece of information that is not correct.
- Then, and just after being sure all the info shown in the summary is correct, click ‘next’.
- On this page you will admit and declare all the information granted is correct. Click all the checkboxes and press “Continue”
- Tap on the ‘additional information’ link, and respond to all fact-finding questions.
- Finally, after filing all this, the page will lead you to a Confirmation Page, we highly encourage the print this page.
Applying by Phone
You can apply for these benefits by calling 888-737-0259, probably they will ask you for the information that we have shown before.
Unemployment benefits extension
On account of the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, the North Carolina Department of Commerce and Unemployment Security has granted unemployed citizens the possibility to opt for an extension of their unemployment benefits for 3 months roughly. This is possible due to the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation program (PEUC).
How to get it
To apply for this PEUC you must:
- Log in to your account on des.nc.gov.
- Click on ‘Apply for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation’.
- Follow the instructions shown on the page.
This benefit is just available for citizens who depleted this benefit on and after July 6, 2019.